2021 Reading Challenge
Looking to read more in the new year? Join the Library’s reading challenge to read 25 books in 2021! The challenge is designed to help readers find engaging books and maybe even new reading interests. To participate, sign up on the Library’s GoodReads page. After you sign up, be sure to visit often as it is also a great way to connect with other readers, get recommendations and support others tackling the challenge.
Follow these simple steps to sign up:
- Visit the Library’s GoodReads page.
- Already a member of GoodReads? Be sure you are signed in.
- If you are not a GoodReads member, create an account.
- Once you are logged into your account, click on the Join Group button.
- Click on the Discussion Board to see a list of all the boards.
- Click on 2021 Reading Challenge to see all the topics for the challenge.
- Find the Welcome! post and click on it.
- Click on the Reply link below the initial post. Add your name and any thoughts you have about doing the challenge.
- Hit Post and you are signed up!
For this challenge, both fiction and nonfiction titles count. You can keep track of your books on a separate bookshelf in your GoodReads account, but we also have a handy printable log and fillable spreadsheet.
This year, we want to read:
- Adventure, thriller or crime
- Color or number in title
- About weather or weather plays a significant role
- Takes place during wartime
- History or historical fiction
- Collection of essays, poetry or short stories
- Biography/memoir or fictionalized biography/memoir
- A best-selling or award-winning book
- Written by more than one author
- Debut author
- A title by a favorite author that you haven’t read yet
- An author you’ve never read before
- A funny book or one with a happy ending
- A comforting or cozy read
- Reader’s choice
- Reread a book that you love
- One that has been on your TBR list for a long time
- A book that has been highly recommended/well-reviewed but isn’t what you normally read
- A recommendation from a family member, best friend or librarian
- Originally published in the 1970s
- Originally published in the 1980s
- Originally published in the 1990s
- Originally published in the 2000s
- Originally published in the 2010s
- Published in 2021