All-Ages Flash Fiction Contest
We are holding our first annual flash fiction writing contest! In celebration of Marshall-Lyon County Library’s 10th year in our “new” building, the theme for this year’s flash fiction contest will be, “I walked into the library and…” We can’t wait to see where your imagination takes you! Now for the details…
- We are looking for previously unpublished pieces from writers of all ages!
- We ask that submissions begin with the phrase “I walked into the library and…”
- Submissions must be under 999 words, in a typed word document, single-page, 12-point, Times New Roman font.
- These stories will be displayed in the library for all ages to view, please avoid the use of obscenities and graphic depictions of sex or violence.
- Entries must be received no later than November 30th, 2021, but can be worked on throughout October and November.
- For anonymity please do not include your name on your manuscript.
Please provide your submission with a cover page that includes:
- Story Title
- Author Name
- Author Age
- Phone Number & Email Address
How Submissions will be Judged
- Judging will be broken into two categories: 12 and under and 13 and up.
- Each category will have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners.
- All winners will receive a prize.
- All entries will be put on display for the month of January at MLCL, then added to our collection.
Send your submissions to email@example.com or submit in person to the main desk at Marshall-Lyon County Library.