Intro to Dungeons & Dragons
November 9 @ 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
As part of International Games Week, the Marshall Library will be hosting an introductory Dungeon & Dragons session featuring 5th edition rules. Players of all experience levels are welcome, but please note that this will be a game focused on beginners.
Already know how to play? We’d love to have your expertise! Getting started can be intimidating, and the more experienced players we have, the easier it will be.
We will start by creating level 1 characters using the free Basic Rules. If you want to create your character ahead of time, you are welcome to use any official print material. Copies of these will be available for reference. We will use these house rules for rolling stats:
- Repeat the following twice and chose the set of 6 numbers you prefer.
- Roll 4 d6, rerolling any 1s until there are no 1s.
- Add the 3 highest numbers together.
- Repeat this 6 times until you have 6 numbers.
- You can assign these 6 numbers to any stat you like.