- This event has passed.
Live Well at Home Community Event
November 15 @ 8:30 am - 3:15 pm
Learn how to live well in your own home as you age! This event is organized by the Marshall Area Dementia Awareness/ACT on Alzheimer’s Marshall and A.C.E. of SW Minnesota. The library will have an informational table available from 8:30am to 1 pm. Free and open to all community members. Light breakfast and lunch free of charge. Registration required.
Please call Rebekah Reynolds of ACE of SWMN to register at 507-829-1143 or email@example.com.
Schedule of Events
- 8:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.: Virtual Dementia Tours
- 8:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m.: Exercise Demonstrations
- 9:30 a.m.-9:45 a.m.: Tom Bolin, YMCA: Silver and Fit Program
- 9:45 a.m.-10:00 a.m.: Shelly Pflaum, UCAP: Transportation
- 10:15 a.m.-10:30 a.m.: Rebekah Reynolds, A.C.E. of S.W. MN
- 10:30 a.m.-10:45 a.m.: Dr. Ed Yerka, V.A. Psychology Services
- 10:45 a.m.-11:30 a.m.: Keynote Speaker: Clarissa Dumdei, ANP/GNP
- 11:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.: Heidi Fier, Lyon County Veteran’s Services Officer
- 12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m.: Free Soup and Salad Lunch Buffet
- 1:00 p.m.-3:15 p.m. Community Roundtable Discussion: Aging in Lyon County- Where are the gaps in services? (This is an important community discussion we would like to invite all community members all of ages and businesses to participate in this discussion; the baby boomers are coming and we want to make sure that we have services and programs available for them in this area. We want to be proactive versus reactive in our community; let’s get prepared and be ready. )
More information is available via Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/events/1930423050384023/