- This event has passed.
Lyon County 150th Book Club
February 19 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
An event every month that begins at 10:00am on day Fourth of the month, repeating until March 31, 2020
An event every month that begins at 6:30pm on day Third of the month, repeating until March 31, 2020
This book club is a collaboration between the Marshall-Lyon County Library and the Marshall Adult Community Center. Meetings will be held monthly at each location, and readers can attend whichever time and location is most convenient. Each month, we’ll be reading a book featuring Minnesota or Lyon County in celebration of Lyon County’s sesquicentennial.
Meetings at the Marshall-Lyon County Library are held on the third Wednesday of each month at 6:30 pm.
Meetings at the Marshall Adult Community Center are held on the fourth Friday of each month at 10 am.
- January: Snow Blind by P.J. Tracy
- February: The Heart Can Be Filled Anywhere on Earth by Bill Holm.
- March: On the Banks of Plum Creek by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- April: The Women of Southwest Minnesota and the Great War by Anita Talsma Gaul
- May: Abercrombie Trail : a Novel of the 1862 Uprising by Candace Simar
- June: Sweet Land : New and Selected Stories by Will Weaver
- July: Out of the Blue by Scott Thoma
- August: Minnesota in the Civil War: choice from the following options:
- Pale Horse at Plum Run : the First Minnesota at Gettysburg by Brian Leehan
- The Last Full Measure : the Life and Death of the First Minnesota Volunteers by Richard Moe
- Minnesota in the Civil War : an Illustrated History by Kenneth Carley
- My Dear Wife and Children : Civil War Letters from a 2nd Minnesota Volunteer by Nick K. Adams
- September: The Latehomecomer : a Hmong Family Memoir by Kao Kalia Yang
- October: Sundown at Sunrise by Marty Seifert
- November: Rez Life : an Indian’s Journey through Reservation Life by David Treuer
- December: Love Thy Neighbor : a Muslim Doctor’s Struggle for Home in Rural America by Ayaz Virji