Kids Summer Reading
This year, the Summer Reading Program is for EVERYONE, ages 0-112+!
The Kids Summer Reading Program is for ages 3-12. The Rubber Ducky Club is available for ages 0-4, and ages 11 and 12 can choose between the Kids and the Teen programs. Parents, why not join the Adult Summer Reading Program?
Not sure which program to choose? Compare them here.
Monthly prizes plus a GRAND PRIZE in September!
June 1 – Labor Day
Use the Beanstack mobile app or website to log activities, reviews, and days of reading to earn points. When you earn a prize, contact the library! We’ll also have monthly prize drawings for everyone who has actively participated. For kids, that means earning 25 points during the month. Each day of reading or completed activity = 1 point. Plus, earn tickets to put into the drawing of your choice for a grand prize! Click here to learn more about the prizes.
Although we won’t be having in-house programs, we will offer:
- Online special programs
- Online weekly story times
- Online contests
- Grab’n Go activity bags with books, crafts, and ideas for more to explore!
The Marshall-Lyon County Library’s annual summer reading program for children is designed with three goals in mind:
- To nurture a love of reading
- To captivate children in a variety of fun learning activities
- To help students maintain and grow their learning and reading abilities during summer vacation