2020 Reading Challenge
Looking to read more in the new year? Join the Library’s reading challenge to read 25–plus one for Lyon County’s 150th–books in 2020! The challenge is designed to help readers find engaging books and maybe even new reading interests. To participate, sign up on the Library’s GoodReads page. After you sign up, be sure to visit often as it is also a great way to connect with other readers, get recommendations and support others tackling the challenge.
Follow these simple steps to sign up:
- Visit the Library’s GoodReads page.
- Already a member of GoodReads? Be sure you are signed in.
- If you are not a GoodReads member, create an account.
- Once you are logged into your account, click on the Join Group button.
- Click on the Discussion Board to see a list of all the boards.
- Click on 2020 Reading Challenge to see all the topics for the challenge.
- Find the Welcome! post and click on it.
- Click on the Reply link below the initial post. Add your name and any thoughts you have about doing the challenge.
- Hit Post and you are signed up!
The challenge is a mix of fiction and nonfiction. You can keep track of your books on a separate bookshelf in your GoodReads account, but we also have a handy printable or fillable log available if you prefer to track on paper.
Check out the challenge reading categories below!