Winter Reading Program 2019
The 2019 winter reading program is open to anyone ages 16+ and runs from the beginning of January through the end of March.
How to participate:
- Sign up at the Marshall, Balaton, or Cottonwood libraries.
- Choose your challenge:
- Monthly challenge log: Each month will have a new challenge. Read/listen to a book in 3 of the 6 categories. Must be completed and turned in by the end of the month.
- Winter-long log: Read 10 books of your choice to fill a log. Can be turned in any time before April 2nd and will count toward the prize drawing for the month in which it’s turned in.
- For each completed log, you will receive a coupon for the Friends of the Marshall-Lyon County Library book shop and an entry into the grand prize and current monthly prize drawings.
- Monthly challenge = $1 coupon
- 10-book challenge = $0.25 coupon
- You can turn in as many reading logs as you want!
- Juvenile/childrens’ books don’t count unless the monthly challenge specifically requests one.
- Can’t make it to the library to turn in your monthly challenge log before the end of the month? Take a photo of your completed log and email it to email@example.com. We’ll add a note to your library card to give you your coupon the next time you come to the library.
- Remember, you can count digital eBooks and downloadable audiobooks toward your challenge, too! Learn more about our digital collections here.
Monthly prize winners will be notified during the first week of the following month. Grand prize winners will be notified during the first week of April.
Choose 3 of the 6!
- Written by/about a woman you’d like to meet
- Favorite childhood chapter book
- Graphic novel
- Space …
March Prize Drawing
- $50 MN State Parks Gift Card
Have you resolved to read even more? Join our year-long reading challenge on Goodreads!