Teen Lit Con 2018
The Fifth Annual Twin Cities Teen Lit Con took place on Saturday, May 12th.
With the support and help of Plum Creek, Marshall Public Schools teachers, and Minnesota’s Arts and Cultural Heritage fund, and the Marshall-Lyon County Library will provided transportation for 61 SW MN attendees of the Teen Lit Con in Chaska on May 12th, 2018.
A huge thank you to the Marshall Area PTA for providing a second bus!
To reserve your space on the bus, you must complete a consent and release form and submit a $5 deposit. You’ll get the $5 back when you board the bus. Forms can be downloaded here or picked up at any Marshall-Lyon County public library or a Marshall Public Schools media center. Forms can be returned in person to the Marshall, Balaton, or Cottonwood public library or to a Marshall Public Schools media center. Since space is limited, we recommend turning in your form asap, but all forms and deposits must be turned in by
May 7th 8 am May 9th.
You do not need to ride the bus to attend the event!
If you prefer to transport yourself to Teen Lit Con, you do not need to register. The event itself is free, open to the public, and has no signup required.
Visit teenlitcon.com for general event information.
Students in grades 7-12th are invited to attend. The event takes place entirely within the Henry Sibley High School in Mendota Heights, Minnesota. Bus chaperones will be from the Marshall-Lyon County Library, other local libraries, and area schools, and the event will be staffed by volunteers and education/library professionals from across the state. Students must submit a consent and permission form signed by their legal guardian and a $5 deposit by Monday, May 1st, to ride the bus.
Consent and release forms for teens PDF || Word
No longer a student, but interested in teen literature? You’re welcome, too! Consent and permission forms and a $5 deposit are still required to ride the bus and are due by Monday, May 7th. Please be aware that you will be sharing a school bus seat.
Consent and release forms for adults PDF || Word
We’d love to have your help! If you’re interested in chaperoning, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Nancy Thooft, Marshall Public Schools media specialist.
Printable posters about the event can be downloaded from the Teen Lit Con website.
Printable 2″ bookmarks about the bus trip can be downloaded here.
Need more info about the bus trip? Check out the FAQ.
Visit teenlitcon.com for more info about the event.
Things to remember
- This event is free and open to teens and adults!
- Registration for the bus is first-come, first-serve. You need to turn in a consent/permission form and your $5 deposit to be added to the bus list.
- The bus will leave early in the morning on Saturday, May 12th. A complete itinerary will be provided prior to the event.
- There will be a stop for restrooms, but we may not be able to stop for food. Plan ahead!
- Bring something to eat! There will be concessions for purchase (cash only) on site, but supplies may be limited.
- Books will be available for purchase on-site (cash or card), but you can also bring your own copies to have signed by authors.
- The bus will return to Marshall at around 7 pm. Be sure you have a way to get home!
This project is funded in part or in whole with money from Minnesota’s Arts and Cultural Heritage fund.