Teen Lit Con 2019
With the support and help of Plum Creek, Marshall Public Schools teachers, the Marshall Area PTA, and Minnesota’s Arts and Cultural Heritage fund, and the Marshall-Lyon County Library will be providing free transportation for SW MN attendees of the Teen Lit Con in Mendota Heights on April 27, 2019.
To reserve your space on the bus, you must complete a consent and release form. A $5 cash deposit is required and will be returned to you when you board the bus. Forms & deposits are due by
Monday, April 22nd at 7:30 pm extended to Thursday, April 25th! Space on the bus will be first come, first served, but teens have priority.
You do not need to ride the bus to attend the event!
If you prefer to transport yourself to Teen Lit Con, you do not need to register. The event itself is free, open to the public, and has no signup required.
Visit teenlitcon.org for general event information, including the day’s schedule.
Students in grades 7-12th are invited to attend. The event takes place entirely within the Henry Sibley High School in Mendota Heights, Minnesota. Bus chaperones will be from the Marshall-Lyon County Library, other local libraries, and area schools, and the event will be staffed by volunteers and education/library professionals from across the state.
Students must submit a consent and permission form signed by their legal guardian and a $5 cash deposit by April 22nd to ride the bus. The deposit will be returned to the student when they board the bus on April 27th. Students can cancel their registration and get their deposit back through Monday, April 22nd.
No longer a student, but interested in teen literature? You’re welcome, too! Consent and permission forms and the $5 deposit are still required to ride the bus and are due by April 22nd. Teens have priority for space on the bus, followed by college students. Please also be aware that you will be sharing a school bus seat. More information is included in the consent form.
We’d love to have your help! If you’re interested in chaperoning, please contact email@example.com.
Printable posters about the event can be downloaded from the Teen Lit Con website.
Visit teenlitcon.org for more info about the event.
Things to remember
- This event is free and open to teens and adults!
- Registration for the bus is first-come, first-serve. You need to turn in a consent/permission form and your $5 deposit to be added to the bus list.
- The bus will load at 6 am and leave at 6:15 am on Saturday, April 27th. A complete itinerary will be provided prior to the event.
- There will be a stop for restrooms, but we may not be able to stop for food. Plan ahead!
- Bring something to eat! There will be concessions for purchase (cash only) on site, but supplies may be limited.
- Books will be available for purchase on-site (cash or card), but you can also bring your own copies to have signed by authors.
- The bus will return to Marshall at around 7:15 pm. Be sure you have a way to get home!
Have more questions? Check out the FAQ or contact Emilirose at the Marshall library.
This project is funded in part or in whole with money from Minnesota’s Arts and Cultural Heritage fund.