Teen Lit Con
The Sixth Annual Twin Cities Teen Lit Con will take place on Saturday, April 27th.
With the support and help of Plum Creek, Marshall Public Schools teachers, and Minnesota’s Arts and Cultural Heritage fund, and the Marshall-Lyon County Library will be providing free transportation for SW MN attendees of the Teen Lit Con in Mendota Heights on April 27, 2019.
More information about registration will be available in by April. Check back as spring approaches!
To reserve your space on the bus, you must complete a consent and release form. A deposit may be required. Space on the bus will be first come, first served.
You do not need to ride the bus to attend the event!
If you prefer to transport yourself to Teen Lit Con, you do not need to register. The event itself is free, open to the public, and has no signup required.
Visit teenlitcon.org for general event information. National authors have already been announced!
Students in grades 7-12th are invited to attend. The event takes place entirely within the Henry Sibley High School in Mendota Heights, Minnesota. Bus chaperones will be from the Marshall-Lyon County Library, other local libraries, and area schools, and the event will be staffed by volunteers and education/library professionals from across the state. Students must submit a consent and permission form signed by their legal guardian and any applicable deposit by the registration deadline to ride the bus.
No longer a student, but interested in teen literature? You’re welcome, too! Consent and permission forms and any applicable deposit are still required to ride the bus and are due by the registration deadline. Please be aware that you will be sharing a school bus seat.
We’d love to have your help! If you’re interested in chaperoning, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Printable posters about the event can be downloaded from the Teen Lit Con website.
Visit teenlitcon.com for more info about the event.
Things to remember
- This event is free and open to teens and adults!
- Registration for the bus is first-come, first-serve. You need to turn in a consent/permission form and your $5 deposit to be added to the bus list.
- The bus will leave early in the morning on Saturday, April 27th. A complete itinerary will be provided prior to the event.
- There will be a stop for restrooms, but we may not be able to stop for food. Plan ahead!
- Bring something to eat! There will be concessions for purchase (cash only) on site, but supplies may be limited.
- Books will be available for purchase on-site (cash or card), but you can also bring your own copies to have signed by authors.
- The bus will return to Marshall at around 7 pm. Be sure you have a way to get home!
This project is funded in part or in whole with money from Minnesota’s Arts and Cultural Heritage fund.