It’s that time of year again when thoughts drift to New Year Resolutions. I am pleased to report that I did actually keep one resolution this past year, which was to read more books in 2018! (Let’s not talk about the others…) And I’m convinced that doing the MLCL challenge (along with the GoodReads challenge, which tracks the number of books you read/listen to) helped me achieve my goal. So why change something that worked?!
With that in mind, the Library has created another Reading Challenge for 2019. It consists of 25 books across fiction and nonfiction. We have added a little more flexibility, so if you are a nonfiction reader, you will only have 7 fiction titles to read and the same is true if you are a fiction reader (only 7 nonfiction titles to read). Signing up is simple…just visit the Library’s GoodReads page (https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/223422-marshall-lyon-county-library) and respond to the discussion post about this challenge that you would like to participate (a GoodReads account is required but it is free to sign up). To find out more about the challenge and to get a list of the challenge topics, visit this page.
Want to read even harder in 2019? Add another reading challenge to this one! Here are a few other challenges to check out:
- Like a random list of types of books to read, similar to this one? Try BookRiot’s Read Harder Challenge (https://bookriot.com/2018/12/12/2019-read-harder-challenge/) or PopSugar’s Reading Challenge (https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Reading-Challenge-2019-45450968)
- Has your To Be Read (TBR) pile/list gotten too big? Try the Backlist Reader Challenge (https://bookwyrmshoard.com/challenges/the-backlist-reader-challenge-2019-rules-and-sign-ups/)
- Are you a Romance reader? Try the Bad Boys of Romance Challenge (http://delightedreader.com/the-bad-boys-of-romance-reading-challenge-2019-sign-up/)
- Looking to spend a year in the SciFi universe? Try the SpaceTime Reading Challenge (http://jemimapett.com/blog/2018/12/06/spacetime-reading-challenge-signup/)
- Can’t get enough mysteries, thrillers and suspense books? Try the Calendar of Crime Challenge (https://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2018/10/calendar-of-crime-challenge-new-for-2019.html)
- If none of these challenges suit you, check out the Master List of 2019 Reading Challenges (http://www.girlxoxo.com/the-master-list-of-2019-reading-challenges/)
I’ll be trying to complete this challenge and the Calendar of Crime challenge while tracking all my 2019 reading on GoodReads. I hope you will join me! Happy Bookish New Year!!